Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mya's 2 Week B-day




Mya is now 2 weeks old and weigh 7lbs! Bobby and I are adjusting slowly to parenthood. Lately Mya has not been taking naps during the day and she is extremely fussy. I think she is getting over tired and nothing we do can console her. Thankfully this does occur during the day and in the evening we add some Gripe Water to her bottle and she is calm and sleeps well for a couple of hours between feedings. We took Mya to the pediatrician yesterday to verify that there was nothing wrong health-wise and the doc switched her formula to a hypo-allergic one. We are testing to see if she not sleeping because she is extremely gassy. Which is true, we have found that she is very gassy and this may be why she is not sleeping well. She eats great though...about every 2-3 hours she'll take 2-3oz. She's only been on the new formula for 1 day (Similac Ailmentum) which is very expensive, but if it works we'll pay whatever to keep her happy and healthy. Yesterday she was so tired she fell asleep on my chest. It was adorable and I loved every moment of it, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the formula change will work.


Tuesday we had our newborn photo shoot with Belle, Bobby, Mya and me in Largo. It started out kind of rocky. Mya was inconsolable, but we added some gripe water her bottle and she calmed down. We had a very enjoyable time. Belle was on her best behavior too. Mya peed on her Daddy...lol, she was in the buff for the photo shoot and it was a 50/50 shot it would be me or him. Luckily it wasn't me :) The photos should be ready to preview on Saturday.


I had my 2 week post C-Section OB visit. Dr. Marks says all is looking well and I should still continue to take it easy at least for another 2 weeks. I've lost 23 lbs so far of the 56 I put on. I'm due to see my mid wife mid August for my final post-partum visit. Hopefully all will go well and I will be able to drop the rest of this baby weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment