Saturday, November 27, 2010

5 months & Thanksgiving


Mya has turned 5 months old and has since tried rice cereal. She doesn't really love it and doesn't know what to do with the spoon, but it will take practice. We thought she had an allergic reaction to the rice, but it was a viral rash. Mya had contracted RSV a respiratory virus and we had our first trip to the Pediatric Urgent Care. She started wheezing and it scared me, so I was happy I took her in. Thankfully my mom went with me. Bobby was working. Dr. White tested her for RSV and it was positive and treated her with a steroid to open up her airways. She seems to be responding well. My entire family has been under the weather. I had a 24 hr stomach bug, Bobby had Mya's virus and now I think I'm battling her virus. I'm taking lots of sudafed and hoping to feel better soon. Because the entire family was sick, we did not have our usually Thanksgiving festivities. Usually we run the Annual Turkey Trot and go over to Bill's for dinner. This year, my mom came over and together we cooked a Thanksgiving Dinner. It was nice and intimate. I good fit for Mya's first Thanksgiving.
Other mile stones Mya has had this month was riding in her stroller without the car seat and she's been laughing much more. She's also been making noises and sounds, so she's finding her voice. She loves to watch the Mickey Mouse Club and jump in her jumper. She is learning how to sit up by herself and we are working with her on rolling all the way over. She weighs 14 lbs 13 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment