Friday, August 6, 2010

6 Weeks Old

Mya is 6 weeks old now! She weighs close to 9lbs and she enjoys eating about 4 oz of formula every 2-4 hours. At night she sleeps between 4-6 hours and during the day we wake her about every 2-2 1/2 hours for feedings. We ran errands this week as Mya got to visit the US Post office, our bank, and Progressive Air Systems. We visited Mya's Great Grandma Judy at her house for a while. Grandma got to feed Mya and spend the quality time with her. She also met Maria Richards, my hair dresser, and Maria's sons: Dylan & Dean this week. My mom came over yesterday and spent a few hours with her Granddaughter. My mom helped Bobby give Mya a bath while I attended my JSL Board meeting. Mya seems very content, but things are about to change (again). This past week Bobby went back to work and I managed the night feedings on my own, needless to say, I was exhausted in the am. This coming week, I will be going back to work and Mya will be watched by her Aunt/my sister-in-law Sarah. Sarah is very excited to be taking care of Mya. I am ready to get into the impending routine. It has been really nice to be off on maternity leave for 6 weeks. I've enjoyed "almost" every moment spending time with my family, getting to know our daughter and rekindling my relationship with Bobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment